- A new entrant – Mainstream jazz on the first Monday of each month at the Corus Hotel in Lancaster Gate. The music is £15. Gets you a two course buffet dinner. First up is Robert Fowler with Roy Williams and John Pearce. (I’ll be going to hear Gareth Lockrane at Ronnie’s that night.)
- Every Sunday at the bandstand in Regent’s Park (above). It’s programmed by the 606.
- A few dates for impressive Italian tenor player Renato D’Aiello
- A really interesting band at the Watermill in Dorking led by percussionist Asaf Sirkis, with Kit Downes, Mark Lockhart and Mike Outram.
3) The London Jazz Festival is taking shape. Here’s what’s announced so far.
Fri 13th Nov -Jazz Voice (Celebrating a Century of Song/ Barbican
– John Scofield’s Piety/QEH
-Astillero (tango band from Buenos Aires)/ Purcell Room
Roberto Fonseca (Cuba) / Mayra Andrade (Cape Verde Islands) RFH
Cleveland Watkiss celebrates his 50th/ QEH
Dave Holland/ Chris Potter/ QEH
Alan Barnes: Five Takes on Benny Goodman/Purcell Room
Tord Gustavsen Ensemble plus Jason Yarde/Andrew McCormack /QEH
Mike Maran: A Funny Valentine – (Chet Baker show)/ Purcell Room