The full Programme for the London Jazz Festival is now published. The launch party, with speeches from Arts Council England, Serious and Radio 3, is still in full swing as this is being written
– Dates are Friday November 11th to Sunday November 20th.
– The statistics: 280 events spread across 53 venues. There are over 50 free events
– Festival on the Move artists are Arun Ghosh, Emillia Martensson, De Jongens Driest
– There are foreign presences: Iceland, Estonia, Romania, Swizerland, Scotland, France, Lithuania, Poland, the Netherlands
– One unexpected new bonus element not in the brochure: the Royal Festival Hall closing concert on Sunday features Ornette Coleman – full line-up to be announced.
– Last year LondonJazz provided the most comprehensive coverage of the festival with 51 previews / reviews.