There is an astonishing range of appealing gigs on offer. Here are seven of them, which I picked out for this week’s newsletter. Don’t get mad if something’s not there. Just add it in the comments.
-Pianist Alan Broadbent, briefly over in the UK, is at the <100 capacity Bulls Head on Sat 14th. Last time he was here was with Charlie Haden’s Quartet West at the 1,950 capacity Barbican.
Not yet a subscriber of our Wednesday Breakfast Headlines?
Join the mailing list for a weekly roundup of Jazz News.
– While Fiona Talkington and Nick Luscombe co-curate an Anglo-Norwegian evening on Saturday at Pizza Express: BJ Cole and Norwegian piano trio In the Country.
– Also Saturday 14th: Partikel are bringing the music of their highly regarded second album to Kings Place
– Sunday lunchtime 15th at the Hideway: Anthony Strong
– And at 4pm at the Vortex- the London Jazz Orchestra celebrates Pete Saberton
– I keep on hearing how good the last Pete Churchill/ Anita Wardell/Nia Lynn Sunday 5 30 Forge gig was. There’s one this Sunday 15th
– Sunday night jazz at the White Hart in E2 has the Frank Griffith nonet for their second gig of the day having played Ronnie Scott’s at lunchtime
– Mike Chillingworth Quartet (Kit Downes, Sam Lasserson, Jeff Williams) plus Tom Taylor / Jack Davies duo are at the North London Tavern
Leave a Reply