A partnership between the National Jazz Archive and the British Music Experience at the O2 in Greenwich. has resulted in an exhibition and two – or possibly three – lectures:
– On the four Sundays in October (Sunday 6th, 13th 20th and 27th) from 12 noon – 4pm. National Jazz Archive staff will be at the BME with some items from the NJA Collections. More here
– Saturday 19th October, 2pm. Dr Nicolas Pillai – Jazz, Film and the Dissonant Image, 1930s -1960s.
– Thursday 24th October, 7pm. Duncan Heining – The Empire Jazz Rush – the influx of Black and Asian Musicians on the Jazz scene of the ’50s and ’60s.
– On Tuesday 22nd October there is also a conversation with Soweto Kinch as part of Black history month at the BME which seems to be running concurrently
– Tickets are £5.50 from www.britishmusicexperience.com.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply