|Eddie Harvey in the John Dankworth Seven
Photo credit: Peter Vacher collection. All Rights Reserved
Family, friends and colleagues of the late, much-missed EDDIE HARVEY are putting together a celebration concert on Sunday 10th November at the Royal Academy of Music, Duke’s Hall, 6pm. (See our tribute – and Peter Vacher’s Guardian obituary)
– The concert will also be the occasion for the official launch of the annual Eddie Harvey Award for Jazz Arrangement.
– Eddie Harvey’s daughter Abigail has made a short film which will be on show in the bar
– There will be a performance of an arrangement specially written for the English Chamber Choir (“my in-laws”, Eddie used to call them, being married to Peggy, a member of the choir)
– Pianist Phil de Greg will be over specially from the USA to play.
– UK musicians involved include Pete Hurt and Chris Biscoe – more details of programme and personnel to be announced
– Eddie’s last work, Homage to Fats, for organ, will receive its debut performance from organist Chris Stanbury.
TICKETS – 07766 687 418 or peggyhannington (at) gmail (dot) com.
Really sorry to hear the sad news of Eddie's passing. In the late 70's I had the pleasure of attending a big band workshop at the Newcastle Jazz Festival under Eddie's leadership.
It was an amazing and very inspirational weekend which has provided many happy memories.