We spoke to drummer / percussionist Pedro Segundo (Photo credit: Benjamin Amure). Our interview covered:
– Early interest in music as a child growing up in Lisbon
– A summer course in jazz at the Taller de Musics in Barcelona at the age of 15
– His move to London at the age of 18 to study classical percussion at the Guildhall, and the influence of David Corkhill and Richard Benjafield.
– How he became part of the Ronnie Scott’s family four years ago
– Denis Rollins and the Velocity Trio,
– The Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields.
– PREVIEW: The Kansas Smitty’s House Band will perform as part of Music in the Garden. 2:30pm on Sunday June 15th at the Old Rectory in Wavendon (tickets / information HERE)
Adagio – Allegro con Spirito from Haydn’s Symphony 103 (Drumroll) by Marc Minkowski and Les Musiciens du Louvre at – at [11:46]
Smitty’s Theme by the Kansas Smittys House Band – at [17:58]
The Band has Been Drinking by the Kansas Smittys House Band – at [20:06]