|Boris Johnson. Photo by kind permission of Mayor’s Music Fund|
Chrissy Kinsella of the Mayor’s Music Fund writes:
The London Music Awards (in aid the Mayor’s Music Fund) is a new event in the music and charity calendar, 2015 is its second year. It is an opportunity for the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, to invite the music industry, music-lovers and supporters of music education to join him in celebrating the achievements of London’s inspiring and aspiring musicians and its legendary performers.
The 2015 Awards will be held on Thursday 11 June at the Roundhouse in London and nominations are now invited for the Rising Star Awards, in all categories including jazz.
Anyone can nominate. The nomination rules are are:
1. You may nominate ONE person/band in each category
2. Nominees must be London born or London living
3. There are no age restrictions
4. Nominees must be available to attend the Awards night on 11 June (6.30 onwards)
5. Nominees must be ‘on-the-up’. They do not necessarily have to be signed to a label but they must have made a record and either performed in public or had their music performed
6. You may include links to YouTube, SoundCloud etc in your application
7. Do not send videos/CDs