|Drummer Adam Texeira and saxophonist Joe Browne|
Photo credit: Caroline Cook
The built environment of the area around King’s Cross is changing very fast. The developer Argent and locally based companies have had a mission to put on events as the neighbourhood changes, and a popular regular feature has been bassist Phil Wain, Waitrose, and Cally Arts’ Thursday night Jazz Sessions at Waitrose in the new Granary Square Waitrose.
Local bassist Phil has been in touch and has sent us a list of forthcoming events. He writes, ‘We have a different trio every week which has allowed us to build up a great stable of musicians – running at about 60 musicians and maybe a dozen trio leaders who pick their own trios. It takes live jazz to an audience, many of whom would never have gone to a club to experience the music and weren’t even aware they liked jazz.’
The jazz takes place each Thursday from 6:30-9 pm.
Phil Wain normally plays one gig a month. He is looking forward to welcoming:
– Ruben Ramos from Panama on the 31st August
– Adam Teixeira trio with Alam Nathoo and Michele Tacchi on September 7th
– Joe Browne on September 14th
– Phil Wain Trio with Jansen Santana from Brazil and Joseph Costi from Venezuela on the 21st
– Joseph Costi from Venezuela on the 21st
– Emiliano Caroselli on the 28th.
|The new Waitrose and the canal|
Photo credit: John Sturrock