“An April without jazzahead! is just not the same,” say the team from jazzahead!, echoing the sentiments of many…, in a newsletter on would have been the opening morning of the 15th trade fair. FULL TEXT HERE
Not yet a subscriber of our Wednesday Breakfast Headlines?
Join the mailing list for a weekly roundup of Jazz News.
They give various updates:
- The dates for the next jazzahead! are now set: 29 April to 2 May, 2021. Dates in the run-up are:
6 August 2020 > Registration starts
September 2020 > Launch of jazzahead! Digital Sessions
8 October 2020 > End of 1st rate for professional participants
7 January 2021 > End of 2nd rate for professional participants
- Digital sessions will start in September, with country-specific or regional focuses, inviting experts to do presentations about selected markets and scenes. Germany, Canada, and also countries/regions presenting for the first time at jazzahead! will be among the topics.
- Canada is confirmed as partner country for 2021, and all of the other 32 showcases are also now confirmed for 2021.
- Previous showcases are on the jazzahead! Youtube channel
- The Canadian showcase acts booked or 2020 (and who are all now rebooked for 2021) are all also on YouTube: the embed is here, starting with trombonist Audrey Ochoa from Edmonton, Alberta:
Leave a Reply Cancel reply