Not yet a subscriber of our Wednesday Breakfast Headlines?
Join the mailing list for a weekly roundup of Jazz News.
Juliette Kay writes:
- There are two firsts on LJN today:
- We have just set up on Instagram as London_Jazz_News
- Our first ever post is an exclusive pre-release track from Trineice Robinson/ Cyrus Chestnut
- Vocalist Trineice Robinson from the Princeton music faculty is in a duo with pianist Cyrus Chestnut . The link is to their version of Duke Ellington’s “Come Sunday”.
- There is a Holy Week theme here: LJN readers – and visitors to “Dr.T”‘s website have exclusive access to the single until it is released on Good Friday 2 April
- This is a track from Robinson’s upcoming debut album “All or Nothing”. The full album will be out on 6 August, just before Robinson’s 40th birthday.
- The album is a blend of jazz, gospel, R&B and soul, Robinson’s signature sound. The combination of Chesnut’s piano and Robinson’s vocals produce a powerhouse collaboration. Robinson says of “Come Sunday”, that the song “definitely brings out my church influences. I sing it at church, so it’s a familiar piece for me”.