A film which has picked up THIRTEEN different awards at film festivals, and which has very strong jazz connections is on release on digital platforms from today 5 April 2021. I have just reviewed it for The Arts Desk
Not yet a subscriber of our Wednesday Breakfast Headlines?
Join the mailing list for a weekly roundup of Jazz News.
- The Guardian also reviewed it
- The opening and closing sequence is Ornette Coleman ‘s Lonely Woman by the quartet of Tony Kofi, Byron Wallen, Larry Bartley and Rod Youngs
- The director of the film Justin Doherty is the boss of the Bear Club in Luton, which – we understand – will be re-opening shortly
- Jazz advisor to the film is a good friend of this site Paul Jolly of 33 Records
- Jason Lee Lazell of Jazz on Film has also been involved
- Also on the soundtrack are Damon Brown, Alex Webb, and Renato D’Aiello and Gaetano Di Giacomo’s Mad Trio
- More about the film and where to watch it on the Baracoa Pictures website
- The official trailer is HERE