The International Inntöne Jazz Festival is one of Europe’s best and most imaginatively programmed boutique festivals. It is held at a pig farm in the Innviertel in Austria, the 250-year-old Buchmannhof near Diersbach. Festival Director Paul Zauner has just announced the programme for its 36th edition, to be held from 30 July to 1 August 2021
Whereas the festival has normally had its music programme in a barn seating around 800, for the second year running it will be on a “concert lawn”.
Here are some of the acts performing:
– Bill Frisell Trio
– From France, the Belmondo brothers trumpeter Stéphane Belmondo and his brother Lionel (saxophone)
– Lionel Loueke on guitar together with grandmaster Michel Portal.
– Celine Bonacina
– From the Us, vocalists Paulette Mc Williams in a duo with Chanda Rule, both from Chicago. This is a world premiere collaboration .
– From Scotland, Luca Manning.
– Fergus McCreadie’s trio.
– Wang Li &Wu Wei : Overtone Project
– Hania Rani: Polish pianist and composer Hania Rani with Krzystof Koblinski
– Israeli singer Rivka Shabi with his international band KK Pearls
– Rita Payés from Catalonia
– Austrian trombonist Daniel Holzleitner
– German saxophone legend Gerd Dudek
PROGRAMME – (correct on 28 May)
Friday 30 July
19:00 Trio Michel Portal-Lionel Loueke-Christi Joza Orisha
20:45 Hania Rani Solo
22:30 Bill Frisell Trio
Saturday 31 July
12:00 Krzystof Kobylinski KK Pearls
14:00 Yamandu Costa Solo
16:00 Gerd Dudek/Martin Sasse Quartet
18:00 Luca Manning
20:00 Geoffroy Tamisier Lagrimas Azules
22:00 Paulette McWilliams special Guest Chanda Rule
Sunday 1 August
12:00 Daniel Holzleitner Comprovisition Project
14:00 Wang Li & Wu Wei
16:00 Belmondo Brotherhood Quintet
18:00 Rita Payes Roma
20:00 Celine Bonancina
22:00 Fergus McCreadie Trio
And some further notes from the Press Release
“- The festival will again be recorded by ORF/Ö1. The Inntöne Festival 2020 was presented in a total of 150 radio programmes throughout Europe.
– As every year, there will also be an art exhibition on the farm, this year again an exhibition by the exceptional Passau artist Alois Jurkowitsch.
– There will also be a KIDs Jazz Jam and Junior Jazz again, and an extensive programme for children this year with puppet theatre, handicrafts, building, painting, pottery and dancing.
– Shuttle service from the nearby towns of Schärding and Passau . There are numerous camping possibilities for tents and caravans around the farm.
– As with the music, the food is also of the highest quality: roast pork or vegan delicacies, organic beer, local cola. The Inntöne Festival attaches particular importance to regionality and sustainable or organic farming when it comes to sources of supply.”
LINKS Inntoene Festival website.
David Murray on video from 2020
Leave a Reply