The International Inntöne Jazz Festival is one of Europe’s best and most imaginatively programmed boutique festivals. It is held at a pig farm in the Innviertel in Austria, the 250-year-old Buchmannhof near Diersbach. Festival Director Paul Zauner has just announced the programme for its 36th edition, to be held from 30 July to 1 August 2021
Whereas the festival has normally had its music programme in a barn seating around 800, for the second year running it will be on a “concert lawn”.
Not yet a subscriber of our Wednesday Breakfast Headlines?
Join the mailing list for a weekly roundup of Jazz News.
Here are some of the acts performing:
– Bill Frisell Trio
– From France, the Belmondo brothers trumpeter Stéphane Belmondo and his brother Lionel (saxophone)
– Lionel Loueke on guitar together with grandmaster Michel Portal.
– Celine Bonacina
– From the Us, vocalists Paulette Mc Williams in a duo with Chanda Rule, both from Chicago. This is a world premiere collaboration .
– From Scotland, Luca Manning.
– Fergus McCreadie’s trio.
– Wang Li &Wu Wei : Overtone Project
– Hania Rani: Polish pianist and composer Hania Rani with Krzystof Koblinski
– Israeli singer Rivka Shabi with his international band KK Pearls
– Rita Payés from Catalonia
– Austrian trombonist Daniel Holzleitner
– German saxophone legend Gerd Dudek
PROGRAMME – (correct on 28 May)
Friday 30 July
19:00 Trio Michel Portal-Lionel Loueke-Christi Joza Orisha
20:45 Hania Rani Solo
22:30 Bill Frisell Trio
Saturday 31 July
12:00 Krzystof Kobylinski KK Pearls
14:00 Yamandu Costa Solo
16:00 Gerd Dudek/Martin Sasse Quartet
18:00 Luca Manning
20:00 Geoffroy Tamisier Lagrimas Azules
22:00 Paulette McWilliams special Guest Chanda Rule
Sunday 1 August
12:00 Daniel Holzleitner Comprovisition Project
14:00 Wang Li & Wu Wei
16:00 Belmondo Brotherhood Quintet
18:00 Rita Payes Roma
20:00 Celine Bonancina
22:00 Fergus McCreadie Trio
And some further notes from the Press Release
“- The festival will again be recorded by ORF/Ö1. The Inntöne Festival 2020 was presented in a total of 150 radio programmes throughout Europe.
– As every year, there will also be an art exhibition on the farm, this year again an exhibition by the exceptional Passau artist Alois Jurkowitsch.
– There will also be a KIDs Jazz Jam and Junior Jazz again, and an extensive programme for children this year with puppet theatre, handicrafts, building, painting, pottery and dancing.
– Shuttle service from the nearby towns of Schärding and Passau . There are numerous camping possibilities for tents and caravans around the farm.
– As with the music, the food is also of the highest quality: roast pork or vegan delicacies, organic beer, local cola. The Inntöne Festival attaches particular importance to regionality and sustainable or organic farming when it comes to sources of supply.”