“LondonJazz News keeps me in the loop and it’s run by people who love the music and want to serve the passionate community of jazz lovers. Essential!” — JAMIE CULLUM
• The site publishes a daily ﬂow of news, previews, reviews and interviews.
• The archive of published articles now stands at around 7,000 pieces, with up to 100 new pieces per month, and a record of 11 on a single day.
• The unmediated voice of the musician is a feature. One commentator wrote: “LJN has given musicians a voice in the jazz press.”
• The site has 175,000 page-views per month, an increase of 35% in the past year. • The site provides what has been called “the most in-depth local jazz coverage on the planet” — The Jazz Line (May 2013).
• The team has editorial control; up to 20% of the content forms part of advertising packages, and is discreetly marked as such.
• LJN also covers jazz and jazz-related news from way beyond London (just as the London Review of Books is not restricted to books on, from or about London).
LJN has 42,000 Twitter followers and tweets by the team attract around 300,000 page impressions per month.
On Facebook the LondonJazz News page has 5,000 subscribers. Posts of articles gain up to 2,000 views.
• Our weekly LondonJazz newsletter – now subtitled Wednesday Breakfast Headlines – has become an industry must-read since ﬁrst launching in 2010. You can sign up HERE (TOP RIGHT)
• It goes to a database of 3,175 active subscribers.
• It has an average open rate of 36% and a click-to-open of 26%.
• The emails feature a prominently displayed prize draw which is normally part of an advertising package. They will also include display ads from later this year.
• The newsletter has links not just to LJN’s own content, but also a “Read Elsewhere” section, a very popular aggregator of news and comment from other sources.
LondonJazzNews starts from a genuine enthusiasm for jazz and related music, for the energy, range and diversity of the scene all around us, and for the people who make it happen. It is a not-for-profit venture – we know the jokes about that too.
We have competitively priced, scheduled, four-pronged marketing packages based around the site, the newsletter, and our other social media presence.
Contact Romy Summers (firstname.lastname@example.org )